Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
As an Engineering Project Manager at Latch you will work directly with the various disciplines in our Hardware Engineering department including the Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Reliability team. You will manage complex and interesting hardware projects through the concept and development phases ultimately handing a qualified product over to a sustaining team in the PVT phase of a project. You will be expected to have a loud, clear voice and excellent organizational skills in order to keep the project deliverables on time and everyone updated as necessary. You should excel in problem solving and be eager to dive in on problems alongside the teams. You will develop, iterate and drive delivery of development timelines that meet the requirements provided by both product and engineering. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of leadership, superb communication and a desire to learn and grow with a team that is willing to teach along the way.
- Define strategy, priorities, and scope of work necessary to deliver upon project expectations
- Ability to speak up when necessary and manage staff without being their direct
- Ready and able to speak to project status at all times
- Ability to see an opportunity for improvement and execute efficiently
- Identify and understand risks and tradeoffs, driving these to their logical
conclusions and proposing plans to deliver on time
- Ability to eloquently communicate and present complex engineering issues to varying levels of understanding
- Coordinate project reviews, communicating project status and engineering
issues to project team and management
- Outstanding influencer who is great at connecting the dots and able to lead and influence global, cross functional teams.
- Strength in positions of leadership. Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead teams without direct authority and manage conflicting stakeholder interests effectively
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong collaboration skills—leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations, and experience working across all levels.
- Scrappy and inventive, always finds a way forward; eternal optimist with a committed drive for impact
- Expert knowledge of program and project management. Knows the tools (e.g. strategic frameworks, change management, dependency management, risk management, amazing communication) and when to use them, when not to use them, and when it’s time to build new ones
- Previous experience as a hardware based engineer preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice