Engineering Project Manager
Latch is seeking an Engineering Project Manager. The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for gathering and setting project priorities, leading cross-functional development, and driving our staff to deliver on time. The project manager will work in close collaboration with cross-functional engineering and design teams, vendors, and Latch supply chain. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of leadership, superb communication and a desire to learn and grow with a team that is willing to teach along the way.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- You will develop, implement and deliver on timelines based on business requirements provided by both product and the engineering org
- Manage the daily tasks needed to keep projects focused and on schedule.
- Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope of the project is well-defined, attainable, and consciously maintained or revised as needed
- Ready to speak to project status at all times
- Ability to see an opportunity for improvement and execute efficiently
- Identify and understand risks and tradeoffs, driving these to their logical conclusions and proposing plans to deliver.
- Communicate/present complex engineering issues
- Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top engineering
issues to project team and management
- Travel outside the US 15-25%
- 2+ years of project or program management experience
- Experience with hardware development
- Familiarity industry standard project management methodologies
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.