By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without over-provisioning. To mitigate this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
We’re the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud and transforming the way IT operates. We want the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology. If you thrive in a team-based environment where intellectual curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile without giving up are in your DNA, we want to hear from you!
As one of our Enterprise Services Engineers (ESE), you will be responsible for implementing the Turbonomic platform and executing against our services framework as a dedicated on-site resource. You will serve as a technical representative providing tactical and operational guidance in the delivery and adoption of our solutions. The ESE role will provide knowledge transfer to our customers, ensure that customers serve as a positive reference and continue their operationalization and adoption of Turbonomic solutions, while driving realization and return on investment.
As such, your technical abilities in enterprise datacenter environments supporting on-premise and public clouds are critical in delivering a well architected, well managed and successful deployment. This includes the troubleshooting of related issues, as well as answering any relevant technical questions. Your abilities to listen, consult, educate, and deliver enterprise level professionalism whilst documenting your work in support of our Service Framework and Agile Methodology will ensure long-term success for our customers.
Come support the only Hybrid Cloud Management platform and help make customers successful!
What you'll do:
- Work with customers to understand the constraints, business rules, and technical decisions that define their environment.
- Implement Turbonomic use cases within a customer’s environment and assist the customer with defining, capturing, documenting and sharing the financial value provided by Turbonomic solutions.
- Identify opportunities within the customer’s environment to extend Turbonomic adoption by understanding their projects and key business and technical objectives.
- Document all work with customers including overall value provided, run books, configuration guides, and executive summaries.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of Turbonomic, virtualization, converged infrastructure, storage, networks, cloud, and other emerging technologies.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Turbonomic Product Management and Engineering teams based on customer requirements.
- Assist with documenting best practices in developing and deploying Turbonomic solutions.
- Serve as a front-line technical liason between customers and the Turbonomic Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Maintain all current Turbonomic certifications as required.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple client engagement projects of varying degrees of complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to meet client expectations while adhering to defined corporate policies, practices, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement project/program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk management, decision tracking and cost tracking).
- 10+ years minimum experience in an infrastructure role with an understanding of hardware architecture and design.
- Extensive experience (7+) years in virtualization (VCP-DCV) and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure) architectures.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Technical Account Manager, Professional Services consultant or Sales Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, CS, Economics, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to deliver on-site technical workshops to customer teams, confidently sharing knowledge and answering technical questions.
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 70% percent of the time.
- Cloud computing experience a plus.
- Candidates in the greater NYC area will be considered.
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career