Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EiR) at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for an Entrepreneur-in-Residence. Working with our Head of New Ventures, you will be involved in all steps of Redesign’s ideation, research, prototyping, and launch process with the goal of co-founding the next great healthcare company as co-founder and CEO, COO, CMO, CPO, or CTO. Key components of the job will include ideation, completing industry research, creating the business plan, prototyping and testing, developing a go-to-market strategy, building the founding team, and early-stage operationalization of the new venture. You will work closely with Redesign’s functional area heads across product, technology, marketing, finance, accounting, and legal as you evaluate and launch this new business. This position will report to the Head of New Ventures at our NYC headquarters until you transition full-time to the new operating company.Responsibilities:
- Concept Development
- Leverage Redesign’s research database, network of industry advisors, and strategic relationships to identify business opportunities within an agreed upon area of interest.
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the healthcare industry.
- Perform competitive analyses and identify current best practices and market leaders.
- Size existing and latent markets and identify trends and relative positioning.
- Establish a comprehensive business plan for the new venture.
- Project Evaluation
- Develop the economic model and key performance indicators to support your thesis.
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers.
- Identify and begin to explore any key partnerships that would be required to launch the business.
- Define and develop a clear vision, mission, and go-to-market strategy for this new venture.
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams, as well as potential customers, to define and prototype a minimum viable business product or service.
- Oversee foundational operational efforts, including but not limited to the management of internal and external resources, identification and negotiation of critical external partnerships (vendors, suppliers, etc.), and facilitation of financial, accounting, legal, and real-estate decisions.
- Develop a view on the appropriate founding team. Partner with our talent team to identify your ideal co-founders.
- Transition full-time to new venture.
- 8+ years of experience in strategic operations, technology, marketing, product management, investing, research, or consulting role.
- Experience working as an operator across cross-functional teams.
- Experience in business diligence, business plan creation, and business analysis.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with vendors, suppliers, investors, candidates, and other key partners.
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis.
- Founding team or early-stage company experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
- A bias toward informed action in situations with limited data.
- Adaptable individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly.
- High integrity team player with an ability to exhibit excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Hands-on financial modeling skills (Excel/Google Spreadsheets) and presentation acumen (PowerPoint/Google Slides) preferred.
What Redesign is all about:
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.