Field Enablement Coordinator
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As Collibra’s Field Enablement Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for organizing and executing on our key Enablement programs to ensure every customer-facing employee at Collibra has what they need to be successful. Most importantly among those programs is the Collibra New Hire Onboarding program. You’ll be responsible for communications, coordination, scheduling, program logistics, trainer wrangling, and most importantly bringing the excitement and positivity needed to ensure every new hire at Collibra has a world-class experience.
A day in the life of a Field Enablement Coordinator at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Director, Field Enablement , and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Handling communications, logistics, scheduling, and all the key executional items of delivering an amazing New Hire Onboarding
- You will facilitate training sessions and ensure that the program goes off without a hitch
- You’ll plan social events and team building exercises to develop a strong sense of community and culture
- You’ll work with trainers and content creators on the Field Enablement team to help bring their visions for Enablement programs to life
- As you gain experience, you’ll take on more program management responsibilities to help take feedback like ‘the team doesn’t know how to sell the value of our new product’ and turn that into a full-scale Enablement program with training, certifications, metrics, and specific goals
- Bachelor’s degree and a strong academic record
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative or customer-facing role within a technology company
- Extremely strong organizational skills and the ability to improvise on the fly when faced with logistical challenges
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to remain focused and positive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Office (strong PowerPoint design skills is a plus)
- Naturally curious and interested in learning new things
- Strong desire to launch/accelerate your career in tech
- Prior personal or professional event management experience is a plus
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package