Global Sourcing Manager, Personal Care at Harry's
Global Sourcing Manager, Soft Products
Harry’s started as a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for people who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for great products. Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer’s response to our brand. Furthermore, in 2018, we launched another brand called Flamingo to provide a similar proposition for women… with both brands in place, it’s now time to share our products with the world. Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's, Inc. works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production and product development for innovative and performance-driven products
in the men’s and women’s grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers and creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and retail channels we’ve partnered with across North America and Europe.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to visit suppliers from around the globe and own strategic sourcing, supplier relationships and production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our Soft Products team, you will own the end-to-end supply chain for specific verticals while driving strategy as we scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York, UK and China – including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance and other functions to sustain programs, lead product launches and set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Soft Products team at Harry’s, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining programs, mitigating risk, ensuring supply and driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programs from start to finish, including RFQs, to include the supplier selection strategy for raw materials, components, assembly, and fill
- Set the global supplier strategy to support the company’s extensive portfolio expansion and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics, recommendations and operational considerations to the senior team to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Lead global negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives; including cost, contracts, escalation, etc.
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain and/or operations role
- Deep exposure to the development and mass production of soft products (or other CPG products) at significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). Values relationships and cross-functional team work.
- Ability to rapidly learn packaging technologies and filling processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge, including occasional crises
- You love travel and jump at the opportunity to work with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Global Sourcing, Soft Products
- Working on the Global Supply Chain team, including Hard Products, Packaging, Displays, and CapEx
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Strategy, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance
- External partners (component suppliers, label suppliers, raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.