Head of Organizer Programs
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us!
We are looking for a Head of Organizer Programs to run a cohesive global program that celebrates the impact of Meetup organizers around the world. You must have strong leadership skills as this role will support a team of 10 including the current Organizer Programs team, IRL Activations Lead, and Global Changemakers (ambassador program). You will collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure that organizers are supported through our product and across business lines. The Head of Organizer Programs is a leader on the Brand and Community team - a diverse, creative, performance-driven group that is responsible for creating brand resonance and driving growth through relationships and experiences.
What you will do:
- Lead the creation and execution of meaningful incentive programs for organizers that elevate what they are creating in their local communities
- Enhance and scale our City Organizer program; a community for organizers that welcomes them to the Meetup family, and supports them in creating impactful and well-attended Meetups
- Create high quality in product, onsite, and online content to continually support our organizers (blog, video, images, guide).
- Create a global IRL channel that brings brand campaigns to life in key markets
- Collaborate across departments to bring the above initiatives to life
You are someone who:
- Has 7+ of experience running global programs, preferably with a startup or tech company, focused on building relationships
- Has experience creating the playbook for new programs and launching them successfully, preferably with top brands
- Has successfully led and developed teams of 5 or more people
- Is accustomed to being held accountable to metrics
- Has demonstrated experience working with creative and operational partners bringing a brand to life through real people
- Shows up every day, with positive energy and hustle, to create a massive impact on our team
- Understands balancing measurement and quality
- Takes pride in sharing what you’re creating
- Operates with a high degree of accountability and focus
- Understands that the best outcomes come from cross departmental integration
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?