Greater NYC Area
By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without overprovisioning. To de-risk this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
As one of our Implementation Engineers, you will be responsible for implementing the Turbonomic platform and executing against our services framework to deliver ROI to our customers. Your will serve as a technical resource providing not only guidance in delivering our solutions, but also knowledge transfer specific to Turbonomic to help enable our customers.
As such, your technical abilities in Enterprise data center environments supporting on premise and public clouds are critical in delivering a well architected, well managed and customer localized yet Turbo standardized deployment. This includes the troubleshooting of related Turbonomic issues, as well as answering the relevant technical questions. Your abilities to listen, consult, educate, and deliver enterprise level professionalism while documenting your work in support of our Service Framework and Agile Methodology will help to ensure long-term success for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Maintain Turbonomic standards in all aspects of work
- Work with customers to understand the constraints, business rules, and technical decisions that define their environment and design a Turbonomic deployment to accommodate it
- Implement Turbonomic use cases within customer environments to generate value for our customers
- Assist the customer in defining, capturing, documenting and sharing the financial value provided by Turbonomic and establish ROI
- Identify opportunities within the customer’s environment to extend Turbonomic adoption by understanding their projects and initiatives
- Document all work with customers including value provided, run books, configuration guides, and executive summaries
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of Turbonomic, virtualization, converged infrastructure, storage, networks, cloud, cloud native, and other emerging technologies
- Maintain current Turbonomic certifications as required
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Turbonomic Product Management and Engineering teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Turbonomic solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for “best practice” and informal customer questions and act as a liaison between customers and both the Engineering and Product Management offices
- Provide knowledge transfer formally and informally to customers
What you'll bring:
- 2-4 years experience minimum in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or sales engineer
- 10+ years in an infrastructure role with an understanding of hardware architecture and design
- Proven ability to deliver technical workshops remotely and on-site to customer teams, confidently sharing knowledge and answering technical questions
- Strong technical background, with previous experience in Linux system administration, technical architecture and Virtualization management
- Strong analytical and consulting skills
- Strong professional documentation skills
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 75% percent of the time
- B.S., B.A., or M.S. Degree preferred
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career
Read Full Job Description