Implementation Senior Associate
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded Implementation Associate to stand up and launch new markets in partnership with Cityblock’s commercial partners. In this role, you’ll be a key player in stewarding Cityblock’s implementation methodology, building capabilities to achieve scale as we grow to new geographies. The ideal candidate will drive specific implementation work streams across multiple markets using strategic frameworks and launch playbooks to guide Cityblock to scale up in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This is a unique opportunity to launch deeply impactful clinical partnerships, aligning external partners with internal teams to lead change in the healthcare industry and to provide better healthcare outcomes for those who need it most.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep implementation experience in health care settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Work alongside the National Implementation Leader to stand up and launch Cityblock Neighborhood Hubs (clinics) in new markets, a responsibility that will span multiple markets and strategic partners
- Under supervision, serve as the direct interface with leaders within strategic partners (e.g., health plans, health systems, and community based organizations) who are responsible for implementing capabilities to support a collaboration with Cityblock, while maintaining excellent client satisfaction
- Identify, manage, and resolve risks and issues related to new market implementation
- Develop and evolve Cityblock’s Implementation Playbook, driving to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness for the planning of subsequent implementations across key work streams, resource needs, staffing and delivery timelines
- Develop implementation plans with creativity and insights generated from deeply understanding the strategic partner, the market, and implications for the Cityblock model
- Develop a deep understanding of local Medicaid and federal Medicare Advantage program components with respect to how value-based providers drive performance for Medicaid and Medicare Advantage health plans
- Prioritize resources to optimize implementations across strategic partners and markets
- Support finance and corporate development to account for the total work associated with each implementation to better estimate cost and resource needs for future implementation
- Support regional operating teams to ensuring seamless knowledge transfer, collaboration, and communication among different stakeholders
- Motivate the teams to deliver exceptional work via the development of a team-based collaborative environment, embodying Cityblock’s culture and values
- Partner with the Clinical, Product, Operations, and People teams to identify and drive improvements in the overall operating model
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with implementation and/or program work stream lead responsibilities
- General operations experience within health plans, particularly health plans with Medicaid / Duals business lines and advanced value-based care contracting relationships
- General operations experience within health systems or clinics, particularly in operating outpatient clinics or serving in a population health management role
- General operations experience with EHRs/EMRs, population health management vendors, and other widely-adopted platforms within the healthcare industry
- Experience building, developing, and managing several different teams at the same time
- A reputation for delivering excellent client service and managing senior level stakeholders’ expectations
- Demonstrated an ability to engage, inspire, and build credibility and trust with your teams and with executive clients
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities
- Similar implementation leadership experience within an innovative care delivery organization and/or high growth medical group or health system
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.