Implementation Specialist at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an Implementation Specialist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Implementation Team to support the implementation of our OncoBilling (Practice Management System) and OncoEMR (Electronic Medical Record) products within oncology clinic settings. You'll demonstrate deep knowledge of Flatiron’s products, as well as the workflows and clinical operations that drive exceptional patient care in the evolving oncology landscape. The Implementation Specialist is the primary practice contact during training, implementation and post go-live until the relationship is transitioned to Customer Success. In this role, you will provide dedicated customer service and deliver an organized and sequential training curriculum. Implementation Specialists should work well with groups, both in person and virtually.
In addition, you'll also:
- Understand the clinical, operational and billing workflows of a practice and all the functionality of our OncoBilling and OncoEMR applications, and ensure the applications are customized accordingly
- Partner with key stakeholders at practices to drive practice workflow changes
- Collaborate with Flatiron Interface Team for required interfaces and with Flatiron Project Management Team for overall implementation project delivery
- Assess the practice’s needs, training challenges and communication style
- Organize, present and track progress on a comprehensive training program, both via video conference and in-person
- Serve as quality control for practice set-up and customization
- Oversee the Go-Live process at practice
- Provide practice support until hand-off to the Support and Account Management teams
- Bring in other team members within Flatiron when necessary
- Demonstrate OncoEMR and OncoBilling application in any setting or computer environment (Mac, PC, etc.)
- Ensure customer satisfaction with the implementation process
- Participate in and drive internal team development projects
We’re seeking detail-oriented verbal and written communicators who are excited to dramatically impact the provider experience, and to grow within the Implementation organization and beyond at Flatiron.
Who You Are
You're a goal-oriented leader with experience implementing and training on software systems in the healthcare industry. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- 2+ years healthcare software training experience
- Strong customer service experience, preferably in the billing or EMR field
- Excellent and error-free written and verbal, written and presentation communication
- Experience developing and delivering an organized and sequential training curriculum
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and superior time management
- Deep understanding and experience with technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Fast learner who can grasp new material quickly and redeliver it in an engaging manner
- Ability to maintain multiple simultaneous training schedules
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel up to 80% or more of the time, as you may be expected to travel and make multiple presentations during the next week
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Oncology billing knowledge or experience, strongly preferred
- Clinical experience, oncology preferred
- Tech savvy with excellent skills in Excel and video conference software
- Practice Management software experience, as a software user, trainer or tester
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.