Insurance Strategy Manager
Greater NYC Area
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
Even Financial is seeking an Insurance Marketing Strategy Manager to join the Strategy team. As the company scales, launching an insurance offering, including life and homeowners & renters, is a key component of our growth strategy. In this role you will develop strategies and scope, plan and initiate the insurance vertical launches supporting Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams. This role requires marketing or strategy experience in life insurance, homeowners & renters insurance, insurtech, mobile financial experiences or closely related. Affiliate marketing or FinTech experience a plus.
- Support strategic planning for Even’s entry into financial services product verticals with a focus on insurance, emerging financial experiences and related.
- Capture and define strategic elements including market and opportunity sizing, Consumers (e.g. segmentation, journeys, behaviors), FIs (e.g. acquisition, products, economics), Channel Partners (e.g. targets for integrations, adjacencies).
- As part of a 360 planning process, partner with cross functional teams to capture business and partner inputs for new vertical launches and draft business requirements documents capturing program mandate, objectives, estimated business value, specifications, integration opportunities, partners, use cases, pro-formas, implementation plans, etc.
- Obtain and communicate business teams, financial institution, and other partner inputs for R&D process.
- Support cross functional teams for program development and deployment.
- Evaluate program results, capture key learnings and insights, and identify opportunities to optimize.
- BA / BS degree in business, marketing, or a related field, and/or equivalent experience
- 3-8 years of professional experience in strategic planning, marketing, program or campaign management, advertising, ad tech or similar role.
- Domain expertise in insurance, insurtech or closely related.
- Experience in building and running digital programs including creating strategies and work plans for FI product and marketing capabilities
- Understanding of digital marketing technologies and platforms including program set up, tracking, reporting, quality assurance procedures, deployment plans, partner relationships, etc.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and package results for senior leaders
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create pro-formas and financial plans, and collect and synthesize data into meaningful insights and opportunities
- Creative problem-solving and ability to deliver in tight time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
Read Full Job Description