ISV Partner Manager at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
Due to significant growth, we are seeking an energetic professional for our Alliances team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Channels, the ISV Partner Manager will be responsible for identifying, securing, onboarding and nurturing relationships within Salesforce’s ISV partner ecosystem. This role will be responsible for new partnership development and existing partner management.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with platform, Cloud, and industry ISVs, deep analytical and business strategy acumen, and a successful track record of forging long lasting partnerships. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, strategic and detailed-oriented individual to drive our Channel initiatives.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Establish and deepen key relationships at ISV partners across sales, customer success and solution engineering as well as senior leadership
- Develop strategic account and opportunity targets, working closely with OwnBackup’s sales teams to drive partner engagement co-sales
- Develop and drive lead-generating and field marketing programs and activities by working closely with OwnBackup’s marketing team
- Educate partner AEs, SEs, and VPs to easily understand and articulate OwnBackup’s value proposition to joint prospects and customers
- Educate internal OwnBackup AEs, SEs, and VPs to easily understand and articulate partner value proposition to joint prospects and customers when relevant
- Lead driving execution of events and campaign alongside partners, with support of the OwnBackup marketing team
- Take an active role in managing and participating in activities that align and connect the internal OwnBackup team to the relevant partner resources and teams
- Contribute to and participate in regular partner business reviews with partner executives
- Actively evaluate and identify areas of improvement with a data driven approach, and execute improvement plans
- Identify joint business development opportunities and appropriately leverage internal OwnBackup resources and teams
- Support the Channels and the broader OwnBackup Alliances team in GTM and Strategic initiatives
- Outstanding track record in business development, with strong selling skills
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated success in partner sales/ management in enterprise software and business development
- Proven ability to structure proposals and build joint business plans with partners and or enterprise sales teams
- Knowledge of enterprise software apps, SaaS and cloud computing
- Strong program and project management skills, ability to direct cross-functional processes and teams
- Proven ability to open doors, network and forge relationships
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic
- Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and drive; Proven self-starter, comfortable working in a very independent manner
- Experience with Salesforce (or Salesforce’s ecosystem) is a strong plus
- Global role supporting different regions – 35-40% travel may be required
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.#LI-Remote