IT Project Manager at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Reporting into our Sr Director Project Management, we're seeking an IT Project Manager to collaborate across our Digital Informatics and Tech Solutions organization with team members and partners on complex enterprise-wide projects and key priorities.
- Manage project portfolios and design, communicate, and implement plans for completing projects to deliver strategic project portfolio results
- Manage multiple medium to large-sized projects with moderate to high complexity across business units, clinical departments, and geographic locations.
- Identify and track project risks and take actions to ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget.
- Provide guidance and insight for projects that are mission or business critical while advancing as needed to the CIO
- Ensure consistency of specific projects in line with overall vision, budget and goals
- Designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan to monitor progress and performance against project plans and budget
- Identify and gather resources which may include developing project schedules/slide decks, budgets and forecasts, research, equipment, project staff, and external contractors
- Coach and mentor project staff and provide support and visibility at all levels, ensuring quality & timely implementations
- 7-10 yrs working in project, portfolio or program management in a large scale IT setting
- Proven experience collaborating with diverse technical teams and navigating a business/agile transformation
- Known for ability to influence & engage, being resilient, managing change, executive communications, and empowering people with a servant leader approach
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.