Jamf Systems Engineer at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
The Jamf Systems Engineer position is a hybrid position delivering architecture, configuration, integration, and education of Jamf products.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product management and senior leadership to implement features and develop the roadmap for Jamf/Apple Deployment
- Develop, test, and maintain macOS system configurations and iOS profiles, including a baseline build specification for all new devices deployed throughout the customer district.
- Coach employees in their use of the deployed Jamf Pro instances for macOS and iOS.
- Develop, test, and maintain framework for Apple DEP
- Assist in creating scripts, packages, and developing custom applications to support the Project Team as needed.
Who You Are
- Jamf Certification preferred
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Perl
- 5+ years of experience architecting, deploying, and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, and macOS Server in customer environments
- Advanced knowledge of macOS fundamentals including networking, command line, security, and file system management
- Experience integrating macs with different identity providers such as Okta, Active Directory, or JumpCloud
- 5+ years of enterprise-level client and server integration and deployment
- Professional experience architecting and deploying wireless networks and/or deploying wireless clients into environments, including troubleshooting wireless infrastructure issues
- Mac OS X ACTC certification preferred
- Experience creating and presenting technical content as a subject matter expert
- Familiarity with Apple deployment workflows, including the Device Enrollment Program and Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or ability to obtain
- Familiarity with cloud hosted services such as Virtual Machines, Apache/Tomcat, IIS on AWS and other similar providers
- Familiarity with concepts relating to creation and deployment of certificates
- Mobile Device Management
- Mac OSX Administration
- Bash Shell Scripting
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Creative CloudSlack
- Atlassian JIRA