Lead, Care Delivery Operations at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
- Serve as the functional operating lead of Cityblock’s care delivery organization, stitching together both current clinical operations and driving ongoing build of our care delivery, driven both by operational trends, pain points, opportunities, and Cityblock’s overall strategy.
- Bring a strong culture of rigorous experimentation and execution. Design systems for cross-functional/collaborative work that scale and build key pieces in the national operational infrastructure of the company. At the core of it, the Clinical Operations role is about supporting every aspect of care delivery success. Specifically:
- Owns cross-functional operations within the clinical organization -- including establishing solid processes for meeting structure, information flow, collaboration, tools, communications
- Serves as key entry point into the clinical team for Cityblock as a whole, triaging needs from across the organization, ensuring effective lateral communication, and escalating issues to leadership as appropriate
- Represents CHO in internal and external meetings, as appropriate
- Builds and manages the process of identifying and achieving strategic care model initiatives aimed at improving outcomes, decreasing total cost of care and driving member satisfaction
- Supports the development of an analytical framework for identifying high-value opportunities within the care model
- Accountable for driving alignment across the organization around these opportunities
- Supports the long-term forecasting of run-rate impacts of high-value care model initiatives
- Key contributor in the development of ROI analysis and build vs buy decision making in the development of clinical programs and capabilities that support both core business and long-range company growth
- Drives process around real-time surveillance and response to risks in clinical / clin ops performance:
- Dive deep into market-level data. Identifies early care delivery trends through quantitative and qualitative data, and takes action on them swiftly in support of market leaders
- Establishes and improves on norms for maintaining fully-transparent and up-to-date reporting
- Proactively identifies and flags roadblocks, at-risk deadlines and escalation points
- Communicates and promotes accountability for org-wide priorities across the clinical leadership team
- Supports subject-matter experts in operationalizing key care model capabilities through business justification processes, relationship development/management, key metric identification/operationalization
- Live in the data. You’ll be the singular expert on what’s going on in the clinical organization, including performance nationwide.
- Drive strategic analysis of medical spend drivers, and identification of high-ROI opportunities for impact
- Partner closely with clinical SMEs and cross-functional business owners to deliver on organizational goals and develop robust frameworks for org-wide decision-making and prioritization
- Build and manage meeting and communication processes within the clinical organization
- Build a culture of operational and management rigor in the clinical business, including serve as a key leadership voice, mentor, and support to high-caliber young professionals on the team
- Drive the development of individual and clinical org-wide annual goals, and ensure alignment across domain areas
- Support the CHO to ensure optimal organizational structure to achieve goals, and drive a strengths-based leadership model
- Closely monitor and drive rapid response to risks on company-wide operating dashboards
You’d be a good fit if:
- You are a self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, able to chart a path through complex, cross-functional work
- You are deeply data-driven and outcomes oriented
- You have 7+ years of operational experience, building and scaling new functions, standing up projects from inception through completion, and managing to tight budget and headcount constraints
- You have worked in a high-growth startup environment with a strong operating capability
Nice to have:
- Experience with highly-distributed workforces in a tech-enabled environment
- Product management / technology build experience
- Experience within a value-based healthcare environment
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.