Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Program Management Office (PMO)
At Gemini, Program Managers (PgMs) leverage a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our cross-functional teams for success by building scalable programs that support Gemini’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Program Manager - International Expansion
At Gemini, PgMs are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our PgMs also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
A Gemini PgM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners across the organization. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
This role reports directly to the Program Management Office (PMO) Director.
- Lead team of international program managers located abroad in the execution of large and concurrent cross-functional collaboration efforts to launch Gemini in international jurisdictions in accordance with local regulations
- Closely collaborate with Country Directors, Product, Tech, Business on program strategy and implementation
- Actively manage an expansive project portfolio and prioritization process for new and existing products and enhancements supporting Gemini’s international offices
- Partner with program managers of product portfolios to roll out new products and features in international markets
- Establish processes and tools to help Gemini scale
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of projects and key initiatives
- Active cross-departmental stakeholder management and collaboration for key initiatives
- Identify and communicate cross-department business impacts and dependencies of project progress, decisions, and risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience in a related technical field
- 7+ years of experience in project management, with 3+ years of program management
- Management experience with at least 2 direct reports
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship
- Ability to manage a large number of stakeholders for concurrent, large initiatives
- High level of experience and comfort working in international business contexts with particular attention to compliance and regulation
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and be the driving force behind the execution team to build new or better products
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering, product management, and business teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways
- Advanced experience with Project Management software, including spreadsheet/excel expertise and moderate Jira/Confluence skills
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Experience working with international regulatory requirements, particularly in the financial industry
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, and or cryptocurrency
- Experience working with Product Development teams consisting of UX, Design, Frontend, back-end, mobile, and infrastructure
- Experience working with Security, Compliance, Legal, Data Science, Marketing, and other general business functions
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.