Lead Technical Program Manager (Contract basis) at Gemini
The Department: Technical Program Management
The Technical Program Management (TPM) team are experts in the three P's of building scalable programs - Portfolio, Project, and Process. We combine a process-driven approach to problem solving, a keen eye for the little details, and a love of cross-functional collaboration to successfully drive Gemini's technical vision from concept to reality. Our TPMs are a diverse group with varied backgrounds, from traditional finance to robotics to international development, who relish in the ambiguity of new projects to tackle and processes to architect.
The Role: Lead Technical Program Manager
At Gemini, TPMs are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our TPMs also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
A Gemini TPM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex technical programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners and stakeholders throughout the company. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
This is a role is not Full Time, and is on a Contractor / Consultant basis. Estimated commitment is on average 20 hours per week, for a duration of 2 months. This role will work remotely, but preferably based out of New York. It reports directly to the Head of Technical Program Management.
- Own the Project Program - provide strategic leadership, direction, and process standardization
- Actively manage the new large-scale project program and all its associated workstreams
- Ensure efficient resource availability and allocation for project across the program
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress against individual initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of programs and key initiatives
- Champion TPM team best practices and support broader TPM initiatives as needed
- Identify and own the program’s overall Portfolio, Project, and Process Management KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related technical field
- 7+ years of experience in project management, with 3+ years of program management
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering and product management teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways
- Advanced experience with Project Management software and moderate to advanced spreadsheet/excel skills
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, publishing platforms, and or cryptocurrency
- JIRA/Confluence expertise and familiarity with Smartsheets or Wrike
- Experience working with frontend, back-end, mobile, and infrastructure engineering teams
- Experience working with Security, Data Science, Marketing, and other general business functions
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!