Lead Technical Program Manager, Wallet at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Technical Program Management
At Gemini, Technical Program Managers (TPMs) leverage a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our Technology teams for success by building scalable programs that support Gemini’s technical vision.
The Role: Lead Technical Program Manager - Wallet
At Gemini, TPMs are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our TPMs also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
A Gemini TPM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex technical programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners within and outside the Technology team. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
This role is full-time in our New York City offices, and reports directly to the Head of Technical Program Management.
- Own Project Programs, provide strategic leadership, direction, and process standardization
- Actively manage an expansive project portfolio and prioritization process for cross-functional programs
- Ensure efficient resource availability and allocation for projects across the program(s)
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress against individual initiatives
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of programs and key initiatives
- Champion TPM team best practices and support broader TPM initiatives as needed
- Identify and own the program’s overall Portfolio, Project, and Process Management KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related technical field
- 7+ years of experience in project management, with 3+ years of program management
- 3+ years of software development experience is REQUIRED (ex-devs particularly encouraged!)
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering and product management teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways
- Advanced experience with Project Management software and moderate to advanced spreadsheet/excel skills
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, and or cryptocurrency
- JIRA/Confluence expertise and familiarity with Smartsheets or Wrike
- Experience working with frontend, back-end, mobile, and infrastructure engineering teams
- Experience working with Security, Data Science, Marketing, and other general business functions
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.