Greater NYC Area
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Life Sciences Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of client projects. The Project Manager works with the client to understand requirements and engages the global team in the fulfilment of these requirements, crafting client solutions based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation and Global Teamwork.
The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Main responsibilities include:
· Managing projects and maintaining responsibility for the planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of such projects.
· Creating and managing project schedules from production & proofreading, DTP/quality assurance through delivery to client, monitoring timeliness of delivery.
· Assessing risk and employing strategic planning to minimize potential issues.
· Managing project budget and controlling project costs.
· Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external (vendor) resources.
· Negotiating rates with vendors, with a keen eye for cost saving opportunities.
· Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up to date.
· Researching client quality complaints and mediating between the vendor and client to reach a resolution
· Client communication, including project details, timeline, deliverables, etc.
· Establishing and nurturing relationships with assigned clients.
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 2 years related experience in Life Sciences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
· Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
· Demonstrated success at managing projects.
· Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
· Experience in financial management and budget to actual management.
· Customer relationship management and business development skills to drive organic growth.
· Must be available to travel for work related commitments
· Effective Communication: Position will require effective communication with all members of team internally and externally to assure work flow is effective and efficient.
· Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Relevant Skills:
· Due to the nature of this position, dependability and excellent attendance are required. The occasional off-site appointment or office errand is fine with supervisor approval. Remote working does not fit the responsibilities of this role except in extreme weather conditions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Strong understanding or fast learner of new applicable systems
· Ability to learn and master quickly the technology, tools and processes required by the account
· Excellent multi-tasker
· Up-beat, positive, can-do attitude
· Motivated self-starter
· Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Effective presentation skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to analyze a process to find deficiencies
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment
· Ability to cope with high pressure caused by one or more project management elements such as quality, turnaround time, resource or budget constraint
· The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams
· Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
Read Full Job Description