Major Account Project Manager
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more – with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
We are looking for an experienced Major Account Project Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming industry.
Reporting to the VP, Compliance Technology, the Major Account Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of all activities related to successful on-boarding of large and enterprise customers.
The Major Account Project Manager is accountable for ensuring there is a plan for each project that adheres to Global Relay’s standards, and that all meetings, milestones and activities are scheduled, agreed to, and executed on in a consistent fashion.
The Major Account Project Manager must be knowledgeable with Global Relay’s services from an infrastructure perspective, proficient in project management methodologies, a skilled facilitator, a strong organizer, detail oriented, and with strong interpersonal skills.
The Major Account Project Manager identifies the tasks that need to be done within the team and works to ensure that there is ownership and clear expectations on objectives and schedules. In addition, the Major Account Project Manager is expected to alleviate administrative overhead from system administrators and other technical staff so they can focus on their tasks. The Major Account Project Manager is also responsible for providing visibility and insight to the team, Global Relay management, and project stakeholders.
Working with the VP, Compliance Technology, customers, and stakeholder teams within Global Relay, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the VP, Compliance Technology, to establish project priorities and assess team and project progress
- Take ownership of and lead the customer onboarding process from post-sale through to successful Go Live
- Act as a single interface to guide the customer through the Global Relay onboarding program
- Collaborate with the internal teams such as Business Development, Solution Architects, Provisioning, Finance, Training and Operations to develop and own a project plan as required for each project
- Schedule and lead regular project meetings with customer and Global Relay stakeholders to provide transparency into project status, risks, issues and success.
- Provide project status updates regularly, including resource planning, scope management, risk assessments, and schedule updates
- Own project impediments and work to resolve them within the team and across the organization
- Liaise with project stakeholders as needed on an ongoing basis
- 5+ years of experience in a similar project management role
- Post-secondary education (minimum of an undergraduate degree is preferred)Experience managing technical projects in a SaaS/cloud environment
- Experience working with various levels of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Adaptability to working with multiple teams on projects with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity at different points in the development cycle
- Ability to understand technical as well as business requirements and accurately capture technical notes and use them to update work tickets
- Scripting experience (PowerShell/VB Script/Perl) working with files and generating reports
- Experience with Active Directory, LDS and LDAP
- Strong use of Microsoft Product Suite, capable of producing spreadsheets, metrics and making recommendations based on data
- Advanced to expert competency in the use of MS-Excel
- Demonstrates a history of being able to work effectively with groups with different levels of technical and process experience
- Ability to work independently, as team lead and in a group environment while able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Enjoys the challenge of coordinating multiple inter-related projects
- Strong written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA.