Manager, Change and Release Management at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking an experienced Manager, Change and Release Management to join our growing IT team. The Change and Release Manager will plan, organize, and strive for flawless execution of Yext’s IT Change Management and Release Management processes. This role is a combination of strategy and process set up, hands-on execution, and management of offshore resources and dotted line internal resources to set up this new function within IT and streamline it over time. This role will report to the Director IT, PMO & Shared Services.
What You'll Do
- Performs change, release and environment management functions.
- Plans and manages the release process end-to-end, from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Reviews all submitted requests for change (RFCs) for accuracy and completeness (e.g. type, documentation, risk assessment, etc.) and manage RFCs through review, approval, scheduling activities, and closure activities.
- Controls the releases, defined as the combination of versions of all software, in-house and purchased, which have passed the testing series and are certified as working correctly together.
- Controls the version migration process as each version moves through the development and testing process. Develops a strategy to identify post release traceability through versioning, release notes, etc for troubleshooting.
- Works with the end users, and internal cross teams to prioritize and scope scheduled releases with completion dates for each phase. Monitors progress of phases by employing appropriate metrics and management reporting. Facilitates all release meetings.
- Plans and supports test migrations and production deployments. Supports deployments across multiple environments through coordination with internal development and project management teams.
- Works with other technical team members to resolve any configuration and release related issues.
- Provides input to the QA function when planning the release process; and assists with the planning and support of user acceptance testing (UAT), creation of test plans, test data sets and automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications. Develops and uses automated test scripts. Performs some hands on testing.
- Ensures completion of operational and technical documentation prior to software release for each application. Gathers necessary release notes and documentation prior to releasing into production.
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
What You Have
- 5+ years in change and release management acting as a lead or manager in an operations centric environment. Preferably in an organization developing enterprise applications.
- Experience with (UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, Windows Batch files and PowerShell)
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, DevOps practices.
- Experience with web applications deployment
- Experience with SCM and continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Cruise Control, TeamCity, Bitbucket)
- Experience of Configuration Management industry standards and best practices
- Working knowledge and understanding in the full technology stack with expertise in following: IT Infrastructure, Virtualization, Security, App/Dev, Cloud Models, Technological Change
- Hands-on experience with project and task management tools (Jira, VersionOne, etc.)
- A passion for Quality Assurance, Continuous Integration testing methodologies, and change control.
- ITIL Foundations v3 or v4 certified or knowledge of ITIL a plus
- Project management skills a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Workday and SFDC release management is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to form strong relationships within a matrix organization.
- Ability to work with offshore teams.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.