Manager, CS Project Management at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Reporting to the SVP of Sales & Customer Success (CS), the Manager of CS Project Management will be responsible for managing a small team of Project Managers that run cross-functional projects that improve the customer experience on Justworks, manage strategic projects that help scale the business and keep the CS team informed on the corresponding project details.
The person in this role will serve as a supporting resource for team members to deliver successful project outcomes and advise in troubleshooting roadblocks or unexpected problems. Additionally, this role will require project management of their own projects, as well as triaging incoming project requests and assignments. Longer term, the person in this role will build a larger team of project managers to expand the capacity of projects run at any one time, and to service more areas of the company based on growing needs.
Projects can entail new developments for annual recurring events, preparation for new company-level partner launches, triaging short-term processes for ad hoc initiatives, resolution paths for unexpected incidents, and discovery work on potential features prior to product ownership. The responsibilities include defining the scope and timeline of the project, preparing for the impact on customers and the CS team, advising on CS needs and perspectives to other departments, and providing full communication and documentation on the project for internal and external audiences. In addition to timely completion, a success component for every project includes the level of support provided to the CS team and our customers.
The person in this role will work closely with the other internal-facing teams within CS (Product Support, Training, Floor Coaching, and CS Managers) to maximize understanding of CS and customer needs for each project. The person will also work closely with Operations, Legal, Sales and Product teams as appropriate for each given project.What You'll Do
- Manage a team of 2 CS Project Managers that are tasked with end-to-end management for cross-functional projects that impact our customers and overall team
- Oversee projects the team is involved in to ensure the project is on track, properly defined, roadblocks are addressed, risks are flagged, and CS receives the proper communication and resources required to support customers
- Explore opportunities for projects and areas that are lacking formalized processes that can greatly benefit and positively impact CS, employees and our customers
- Own and lead cross-functional projects for CS, especially those with discreet timing, deadlines and launch timeframes that affect customers and employees
- Be the primary point of contact for other teams at Justworks as new projects arise, looping in other members of CS as needed to build a project team
- Triage new requests for projects to understand the importance, timing, impact and need for project management leadership and involvement
- Keep the CS team and related stakeholders up to date on the status of projects
- Lead, publish and share project post-mortems to celebrate wins, identify opportunities for future improvement, and learn from our experiences
- Scale the CS project management function to meet the needs of the team and the company
- Serve as a key stakeholder in new launches (operational, product, etc.) to determine necessary processes for the CS team to support the launch
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment, ideally in the PEO/HR/benefits space; career path in customer service preferred
- 2-5 years of people and team management experience required
- CAPM or PMP certification highly preferred
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Project management experience, preferably in a software development environment
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment