Peloton is looking for a passionate and analytically minded Manager of M&A to help us identify, evaluate, and pursue opportunities for inorganic growth through acquisitions and strategic investments. Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Corporate Development, he or she will work cross functionally with key stakeholders and will play a critical role in the M&A process.
The M&A function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy & Corporate Development team and is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions and strategic investments that support the long-term strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Execute competitive landscape research and analysis to identify strategic opportunities and threats; research will include primary market research and competitive deep dives
- Help identify and cultivate relationships with prospective target companies
- Lead financial modeling and valuation analysis for potential transactions
- Support business and financial due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation, and the internal transaction approval process
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to synthesize industry / category dynamics and all aspects of the business case development
- Synthesize diligence findings and analysis into presentation materials for the executive team and key stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience in private equity and/or corporate M&A. Candidates must have transaction execution experience. Primary market research experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, and valuation skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Great attention to detail and self motivation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort managing multiple work streams at once
- Highly skilled in Excel and Powerpoint
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.