Manager, New Markets & Implementation at Cityblock Health
About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded Implementation Manager to stand up and launch new markets and market expansions in partnership with Cityblock’s commercial partners. This is a “player-coach” role, with direct people management responsibilities for a stellar team of implementation associates. In this role, you’ll be a key player in stewarding Cityblock’s implementation methodology, building capabilities to achieve scale as we grow to new geographies. The ideal candidate will drive work across multiple markets using strategic frameworks to guide Cityblock to scale up in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This is a unique opportunity to launch deeply impactful clinical partnerships, aligning external partners with internal teams to lead change in the healthcare industry and to provide better healthcare outcomes for those who need it most.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep implementation experience in health care settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Oversees Implementation Associates from a direct reporting perspective, providing mentoring, coaching, feedback and performance conversations
- Direct and design, with input from other leaders, the structure and assignment of project managers for each new market
- Own independent implementations with other prospective partners, working with local market leadership, growth, and implementation teams
- Day-to-day ownership of external communications for implementation with partner, including messaging and identification of areas of escalation, driving to solutions with external partners
- Provide strategic direction on construction of implementation deliverables, internal and external and brings parties together on misalignments and driving to action/decision
- Ensure the implementation associates are driving towards key objectives for each new market, using the implementation tools effectively, escalating risks timely and pushing teams to grow and learn through the process
- Manage the multi/dotted team approach in each implementation, ensuring teams have clear lines of responsibility via RACI, and hold teams accountable for task completion at an individual, workstream and project level.
- Provide proactive communication on risk items and identification of risk mitigation strategies to improve implementation framework
- Maintain clarity on implementation framework for multiple implementations at one time, identifying opportunities for improvement that are present in more than one implementation project
- Work alongside the Implementation Leader to stand up and launch Cityblock Neighborhood Hubs (clinics) in new markets, a responsibility that will span multiple markets and strategic partners
- Under supervision, serve as the direct interface with leaders within strategic partners (e.g., health plans, health systems, and community based organizations) who are responsible for implementing capabilities to support a collaboration with Cityblock, while maintaining excellent client satisfaction
- Identify, manage, and resolve risks and issues related to new market implementation
- Develop implementation plans with creativity and insights generated from deeply understanding the strategic partner, the market, and implications for the Cityblock model
- Develop a deep understanding of local Medicaid and federal Medicare Advantage program components with respect to how value-based providers drive performance for Medicaid and Medicare Advantage health plans
- Prioritize resources to optimize implementations across strategic partners and markets
- Motivate the teams to deliver exceptional work via the development of a team-based collaborative environment, embodying Cityblock’s culture and values
- Partner with the Clinical, Product, Operations, and People teams to identify and drive improvements in the overall operating model
- You can expect approximately 25% travel in this role (post COVID)
Requirements for the Role:
- 4 - 5 years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with implementation and/or program work stream lead responsibilities
- General operations experience within health plans, particularly health plans with Medicaid / Duals business lines and advanced value-based care contracting relationships
- General operations experience within health systems or clinics, particularly in operating outpatient clinics or serving in a population health management role
- General operations experience with EHRs/EMRs, population health management vendors, and other widely-adopted platforms within the healthcare industry
- Experience laterally managing several different teams at the same time
- A reputation for delivering excellent client service and managing senior level stakeholders’ expectations
- Ability to engage, inspire, and build credibility and trust with your teams and with executive clients
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
How We Define Success:
- On-time launch of all assigned market implementations
- Proactive and effective management of risks to successful launch throughout market implementations
- Excellent cross-functional partnership to achieve implementation goals across various teams and disciplines
- Creation of strong, lasting tools and frameworks to build upon and improve core implementation processes
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Similar implementation leadership experience within an innovative care delivery organization and/or high growth medical group or health system
- 5+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: