Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Accessories) at Peloton
Peloton is looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager to oversee our Accessory (spin shoes, pedals, heart rate monitors, etc) supplier partners. In this role, you’ll be responsible for owning the relationship and driving the commercial aspects of the relationship. You’ll also work cross-functionally with Peloton Design Engineering, Operations, Product teams, Legal, Quality, and Logistics on broader issues ensuring our supplier partners meet Peloton’s cost, quality and supplier performance objectives from new product phase, volume production and through product end of life to achieve business objectives. You’ll ensure that Peloton has the optimal manufacturing partners, supply chain, and operations to support our growth plans.
- Own the overall relationship with our key manufacturing partners in Asia/North America
- Lead supplier contracts, cost management (cost negotiations & reductions), supplier performance & relationships
- Develop, negotiate and measure supplier metrics/KPIs and scorecards across cost, capacity, delivery, quality, etc
- Exceed goals and deliver world-class metric/KPI performance in quality and yield improvements, on-time shipment, lead time reduction.
- Work with Project teams to ensure new product readiness, transition and rapidly ramp and reach time-to quality and volume on new products.
- Drive capacity planning process at the factories to ensure we have adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with management, and ensure executives from Peloton and our supplier partners are aligned and executing on key objectives
- Drive cost reductions, supply chain optimizations, second sourcing
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or inventory management in an ODM|CM environment
- Depth of knowledge in fitness accessories (indoor cycling shoes, pedals, cleats etc) and associated supply base
- Strong understanding and extensive experience working with Asia suppliers; Chinese language skills a strong plus
- Exceptional business acumen to manage product cost, and supplier relationships
- Experience in supplier selection, contract negotiations, and supply base management
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills; problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.