Market Operations Associate
Oscar's Go-to-Market Operations team works in a highly cross-functional & fast-paced environment. We work closely with internal stakeholders (including Sales, Marketing, Product and more!) and external partners to launch Oscar's products in various markets in a methodical manner.
We've partnered with Distribution Partners that quote and/or sell our plans across our market footprint. These Distribution Partners play a critical role in powering Oscar's growth. As the Market Operations Associate, you'll manage the successful launch of Oscar's plans by working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Ensuring market readiness for our product launches. You’ll be the go-to-person to ensure we are ready to sell and service our products in new markets and product lines.
- Managing our distribution partner operations. You’ll partner closely with Sales leadership to understand the priorities and needs for various distribution partners (web brokers, exchanges, etc.). You’ll not only help craft best practices, but manage the team responsible for distribution readiness.
- Leading and project managing work across various departments. You’ll work with others to drive the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure of a project. You’ll handle ownership clarification and issue routing, while holding others accountable.
- Owning documentation of important team materials and processes, such as playbooks and meeting presentations. We take documentation very seriously!
- Zooming out from your day-to-day work to build meaningful and scalable businesses processes. You have an eye towards supporting Oscar’s continuing market expansions and articulate key dependencies, required timelines, considerations.
- A knack for operations. You have experience in working across stakeholders, serving as a project manager, and connecting the dots.
- A good communicator. You bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A great referee. You know when to drop a red flag to communicate key risks / problems at both the people and organizational level.
- A mediator. You have a knack for collaborating effectively with individuals across the company. When issues arise, you act as the broker that supports the team in reaching a common ground.
- Strong prioritization skills. Unexpected curveballs will arise. You’ll be prepared to react to these and are comfortable re-prioritizing your work accordingly.
Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and humble.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.