IEX is looking for a driven, motivated junior candidate to join our Market Operations desk. You will have familiarity with the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, regulatory compliance, and the support of multifaceted technology systems. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure trading environment.
This position is best suited for a highly collaborative, team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. You’ll work directly with IEX Member firms, clearing agents, regulators, and technology firms to expand access and understanding of the IEX market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Open-minded and able to quickly acquire new concepts and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable with independently driven work
- Keen interest in technology and desire to grow skills in this area
- Availability and commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
What you’ll do:
- Operation of the production trading systems and the support of its Member firms
- Collaborate with internal teams at IEX – including Technology Operations, Product Management, Development, Quality Assurance, Sales, Compliance, and Regulation
- Execute and maintain daily operational procedures
- Develop expertise with IEX systems, market functionality, order types and external interfaces
- Develop advanced knowledge of market rules and regulations
- Manage venue interaction with external market systems including SIPs, clearing firms, market centers, downstream vendors and regulators
- Review system activity reports for business and compliance functions
- Ongoing maintenance of IEX operational procedures
- Participation in industry tests
- Preliminary review and onboarding of prospective Members and Service Bureaus
- Configuration of new Members and Service Bureaus within the production system
- Enforcement of IEX’s Accommodation Policy and Clearly Erroneous Policy
- Management of clearance, settlement, OATS reporting, and SIP reporting
- Publication of alert notifications to industry participants
- Participation in general IEX product development and business development initiatives
- Design, build, and maintain automation scripts owned by the Market Operations team
- Perform data analysis to support troubleshooting client issues, improving operational efficiency, and managing risk
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of operational experience on a trading desk
- Familiarity with electronic trading, trading systems, and equity market structure a plus
- Python programming experience – You’ve thrown some scripts together to automate things you don’t need to spend your time on. Always looking to improve your code and use functions where possible. You get annoyed at manual processes that can be easily automated and do what you can to prevent yourself from being a human keyboard.
- Data analysis experience – spent time with a data analysis module like Pandas for Python and a query language like kdb+/q or SQL (we love jupyter notebooks!). You enjoy spending time with large datasets and using your skills to create interesting views.
- FINRA Series 7, and at least one of Series 57, and Series 63 certifications
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with a versioning system like Git
- Familiarity with an automation scheduling tool like Rundeck
- Knowledge of micro-market structure, order types, and order book behavior
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.