Mobility Consulting Principal at Via
As a Mobility Consulting Principal, you’ll be on the cutting edge of the mobility revolution, helping cities around the world solve complex mobility and infrastructure problems with forward-looking strategies incorporating microtransit, mobility-as-a-service platforms, seamlessly integrated multimodal solutions, and other creative approaches. You will be joining a new team and helping Via to grow its advisory services arm.
What You'll Do
- Lead complex transportation and transit consulting and planning engagements on behalf of public- and private-sector clients.
- Develop creative service design and operations solutions to mobility challenges, leveraging Via’s market-leading microtransit, mobility-as-a-service, and transportation technology integration.
- Deliver new mobility, microtransit, and transit innovation studies, applying Via’s sophisticated simulation technology and best practices to determine where and how new transportation modes should be deployed.
- Develop financial models and funding solutions for transportation and mobility programs.
- Design and execute stakeholder and public engagement strategies.
- Identify new product needs to help Via to better meet the requirements of cities and transit agencies. Work with Via’s technology team to develop, test, and market the new products to our partners.
- Work cross-functionally with marketplace, operations, strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, and rider experience teams globally to deliver state of the art transportation service design and management expertise to your clients
- Identify new markets for Via’s existing and future product and service offerings, develop and execute market entry strategy working closely with Via’s senior management.
- Carry out business development activities to support the growth of Via’s consulting and planning business.
Who You Are
- Demonstrated success as a self-starting problem solver, with a high-level of comfort extending yourself to learn new subject-matter.
- Efficient, organized and independent; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Enthusiasm for immersing yourself in complex urban-systems and transportation challenges, and learning new subject-matter
- Faculty with both quantitative and qualitative analysis; excellent writing ability.
- At least three years of experience in strategic or transportation consulting or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier college or university (graduate degree in business, policy, law, or urban planning strongly preferred) and a record of exceptional academic achievement
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.