National Implementation Lead
Who we are
At Cityblock Health, our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, block by block. We integrate services to address physical, behavioral, and social needs together, delivered through mobile, field-based care teams to make healthcare more accessible, supportive and goal-driven for the people who need it most.
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through field-based, interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and well-respected commercial partners, and backed by some of the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships. Our members face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs, and our model combines with our technology will support our care team and members in a completely new way.
We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded leader to stand up and launch new markets and programs in partnership with Cityblock’s health plan partners. In this role, you’ll be the steward of Cityblock’s implementation methodology as we build capabilities to achieve scale and propagate our model to serve members in new geographies. The ideal candidate will have the experience and credibility to lead multiple implementation teams across multiple markets using strategic frameworks and methodologies that guide the organization to scale up in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This is a unique opportunity to launch deeply impactful clinical partnerships, aligning external partners with internal teams to lead change in the healthcare industry and to provide better healthcare outcomes for those who need it most.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep implementation experience in health care settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Lead teams to stand up and launch the Cityblock model, including Neighborhood Hubs (clinics), in new markets with responsibility for achieving implementation goals that meet the needs of our health plan partners
- Serve as the direct interface with leaders within strategic partners (e.g., health plans, health systems, and community based organizations) who are responsible for implementing capabilities to support a collaboration with Cityblock, and deliver excellent client service
- Identify, manage, and resolve risks and issues related to new market implementation
- Develop and evolve Cityblock’s Implementation Playbook, driving to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness for the planning of subsequent implementations across key work streams, resource needs, staffing and delivery timelines
- Develop implementation plans with creativity and insights generated from deeply understanding the strategic partner, the market, and implications for the Cityblock model
- Develop a deep understanding of local Medicaid and federal Medicare Advantage program components with respect to how value-based providers drive performance for Medicaid and Medicare Advantage health plans
- Lead the prioritization of resources to optimize implementations across strategic partners and markets
- Drive executive decisions for Cityblock’s resource commitments, team staffing, implementation budget and measures of actual versus budgeted for each implementation
- Partner with finance and corporate development to develop methodologies for accounting for the total work associated with each implementation and estimate cost and resource needs for future implementations
- Build regional operating teams, ensuring seamless knowledge transfer, collaboration, and communication among different stakeholders
- Engage and lead implementation teams in developing and meeting performance goals in support of Cityblock’s overall annual and long term business plans
- Motivate the teams to deliver exceptional work via the development of a team-based collaborative environment, embodying Cityblock’s culture and values
- Partner with the Health Delivery (Clinical), Product, Operations, and People teams to identify and drive improvements in the overall operating model
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- 7+ years of healthcare consulting or similar complex project management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities
- General health plan operations experience, particularly health plans with Medicaid / Duals business lines and sophisticated value-based care contracting relationships
- General operations experience within the outpatient side of large health systems or provider groups, ideally serving in an MSO or population health management role
- Experience building, developing, and managing several different teams at the same time
- Experience developing, managing, and optimizing a budget and financial operations related to large implementations or health plan processes
- A reputation for delivering excellent client service and managing senior level stakeholders’ expectations
- Demonstrated ability to engage, inspire, and build credibility and trust with your teams and with executive clients
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to have:
- 10+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities.
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH).
- Similar implementation leadership experience within an innovative care delivery organization and/or high growth medical group or health system.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.