National Project Manager- Workplace Operations
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless. From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires and supports our productivity, the Real Estate & Workplace Operations team is there to make it happen. As an Project Manager in this team dedicated to supporting our expansion efforts, you are responsible to work with the internal Workplace Ops team as well as the Expansion team for launching and successfully opening new offices from a workplace operations aspect.You will work collaboratively with internal functional and regional teams and manage a range of outsourced vendors in areas of workplace branding, design, vendor negotiations and setup, space analysis and design, facilities optimization and all aspects of workplace operations.
- Oversee and manage post lease and construction aspects of getting a new office setup and ready for open before its handed off to the local workplace team.
- Manage project communications with internal stakeholders
- Manage approved project/CapEx budget as it related to workplace operations and ensure vendor payment.
- Support team leadership with day-to-day expansion operations to ensure the team runs smoothly and is communicating effectively with the rest of the organization
- Support overall project management including scheduling building tours, developing document management policies, and maintaining internal progress dashboards
- Capture meeting decisions and action items; when requested, distribute minutes to stakeholders
- Discretion and confidentiality in all communication
- At least 5-7 years experience in Project Management. Workplace/Facilities Operations and Real estate experience is preferred.
- Consulting background is preferred.
- Prior experience in a project management environment
- Accurate and concise communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in office productivity and project management software, including g-suite products (sheets, docs, slides) and Microsoft products (excel, ppt, word)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time