National Project Manager - Workplace Strategy and Operations
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires and supports our productivity, the Real Estate & Workplace Operations team is there to make it happen. As a Project Manager on Workplace team supporting M&A integrations, you are responsible to work with the M&A Integration team for integrating Compass’s brokerage acquisitions and ensuring a smooth integration for acquired agents and employees from a workplace operations aspect. As the M&A Project Lead, you will oversee the integration of acquired companies’ vendors, partners and facilities. Your work will include workplace re-branding, lease and vendor contract assignment and negotiations, space analysis and design, facilities optimization, renovation and ongoing workplace operations. You will work collaboratively with internal functional and regional teams and manage a range of outsourced vendors.
At Compass You Will:
- Help conduct operational due diligence to inform integration planning
- Lead the reassignment and renegotiation of acquired leases and partner and vendor contracts
- Responsible for rebranding and integrating all acquired office locations on schedule
- Oversee the integration of daily operations of offices and workplace services including reception, security, mail and food services
- Integrate acquired brokerages’ property management services and protocols, including building maintenance and security, building systems/low voltage, network security, janitorial services and supplies, and health and safety
- Ensure all acquired workplace staff are well versed and trained with office processes
- Manage outsourced vendors
- Manage budgets
What We're Looking For:
- At least 7-9 years experience in Workplace/Facilities Operations and Real estate required. At least 3-4 years as PM.
- M&A Integration experience is preferred.
- Consulting background is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Experience managing and contracting with vendors
- Solid knowledge of property management, leases, and construction terms and practices
- Experience developing and managing budgets with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner; solution-oriented mindset and work approach
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Reliable, focused and detail-oriented
- Willingness to travel