National Real Estate Portfolio Senior Manager
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless. From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires and supports our productivity, the Real Estate & Workplace Operations team is there to make it happen. The team is looking for a Real Estate project lead to oversee all real estate decisions - capacity planning, tracking, build, construct, budget etc across our rapidly growing portfolio of offices nationwide. You would work closely with the other cross functional teams such as Expansion and local Workplace Operations leads to maintain an accurate picture of capacity in the office and oversee any new build and construction projects requested by the local leadership. We are looking for someone who is good at project management, operations but also understands and has experience building the right office to foster a world class experience for our staff.
- Acting in a relationship management role, providing single point of accountability and ownership for the global real estate portfolio for various business and consult with appropriate stakeholders to define real estate requirements and develop a strategic plan to determine implementation that will achieve these real estate objectives.
- Build strategic partnerships with key service providers and vendors that provide viable solutions and compliment the facilities organizational skills sets and resources which deliver a seamless and highly efficient global solution.
- Analyse site capabilities and limitations; evaluate facility alternatives proposed in order to recommend the most effective long-range plan solution. Integrating business needs, develop real estate project scope
- Partner with regional specific management teams to ensure that needs are understood and properly addressed. Establish rhythm for portfolio planning and synchronizing with business needs.
- Monitor, manage and report the performance of our real estate consultants/brokers. Drive their performance, best practices, and methodologies to ensure that objectives are being met. Track their performance and provide feedback using formal review procedures. Ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed. Maintain appropriate and consistent level of vendor oversight and management.
- Manage the purchase, sale, leasing, cancellation and options of Compass’s real estate. Resolve all cost, schedule, time or quality conflicts to ensure successful completion of each transaction.
- Define, direct and manage the sale, sublease or alternate use of surplus property. Formulate and implement strategies required to maximize Compass’s return on idle real estate assets, if available & required.
- Collating the regional HPMs and preparation of the Real Estate HPM
- All day to day portfolio and budget reporting, lease execution including contract negotiations, and capital project coordination and reporting, Real Estate transaction negotiation, M&A due diligence and integration, Site and office program requirements.
- Ensures sound practices which support financial transparency, increase department productivity and portfolio visibility, and improved communication across a broad internal and external audience
- Researches, recommends and implements software and business tools which improve productivity, efficiency, reduce costs, improve communication and management.
- Develops and administers best practice processes which ensure work product and strategies align with top-level business interests and objectives
- Prepare periodic real estate status reports that measure progress against agreed upon initiatives, benefits, issues resolution and service levels. Monitor area needs to anticipate future real estate requirements and assessing the external marketplace to identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive real estate transactions, site design and constructions projects through the effective management of Real Estate service providers.
- Ensure that real estate transactions & agreements are in compliance with all statutory and reporting regulations and Compass’s policies and controls. Maintain stringent policies regarding data integrity.
- Develop and manage capital plans, budget plans and forecasts, including development and implementation of cost efficacy efforts in partnership with finance groups, integrator and vendors.
- Delivers innovative thought-leadership to create an exceptional customer experience and environment while continually seeking opportunities to enhance service delivery and reduce costs
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Real Estate Transaction Management, Property Management, Construction Management, Acquisition/ Disposition of leases of real estate assetsor related; consideration given for industry experience
- A minimum of 7-9 years’ experience in a corporate commercial real estate role, specifically multi-location and retail experience. Cross-regional portfolio experience preferred
- Requires strong knowledge of market conditions, analytics, cost, lease negotiations, project tracking, contracts, etc.
- Proven experience building consensus among internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate devotion to effective processes and high quality results
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written. Excels in a collaborative, relationship-driven culture
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time across regions as needed