NPI Project Manager
The NPI Project Manager will lead the Operations technical team during the next generation product’s development and mass production. A successful Project Manager will partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain; has strong communication and presentation skills; and has a strong technical and project management background. Additional responsibilities include daily monitoring of manufacturing at CM, reviewing key performance indicators and driving process, quality and delivery issues to resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) operations team in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps.
- Engage design engineers and manufacturing team from design and prototype development through product launch to ensure schedule, cost, and quality objectives are met.
- Drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations, and contract manufacturing (CM) teams. Planning capacity and manage factory equipment budget.
- Collaborate with CM and Engineering teams in developing detailed manufacturing plans and validation plans to meet Engineering build and launch goals
- Develop test strategies, processes and detailed documented procedures to ensure quality and efficient manufacturing processes to enable delivery of a mature product and manufacturing process into mass production
- Lead test engineers to create tools necessary to support manufacturing goals for cycle time, data tracking and report generation
- Develop and track schedules, cost (component and system costs), task duration and level of effort for large Operations and NPI projects
- Develop key performance indicators, service level agreements, and track to those metrics
- Execute design for manufacturability (DFM) studies and influence Product Design to improve manufacturability for yield and reliability.
- Manage regular monitoring/reporting and reviews of project objectives, schedules and achievement of key milestones as required, both upward and downward through the organization
- Manage key vendor relationships
- A B.S. in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience driving engineering requirements at vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Manufacturing experience in developing processes to scale new products
- Understand common manufacturing techniques and mechanical components
- Must be willing to travel internationally
- Project Management certification
- Solidworks or AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We just released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016. Read about it here.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.