Operational Excellence Associate
We are looking to grow our Operational Excellence team, whose mission is to accelerate Flatiron Health’s mission achievement by building sustainable processes and growing a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. As the company grows, there are increasing needs to evaluate, improve, and control our operations as well as accelerate the pace of improvement within teams supported by tools and best practices.
The Operational Excellence Associate is responsible for driving project execution to improve Research organization operations and maintaining central cross-Research communication channels. This role is highly collaborative and responsible for drawing information to define and address areas for improvement, act on near-term and long-term needs, and identify and de-risk blind spots, liabilities or other risks. In addition, this role is responsible for forward progress on the Operational Excellence roadmap and inasmuch responsible for aligning, empowering and equipping the appropriate teams with all necessary resources. This role requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, and experience leading complex projects spanning multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Manage and improve central Research operations and communication processes such as weekly newsletters, knowledge sharing forums, and Research-wide meetings
- Collaborate with leaders across Research to identify and understand operational opportunities for improvement
- Build clear and compelling proposals for solutions and improvement projects
- Drive timely project execution with project management methodologies, including managing project scope, meetings, scheduling, stakeholder communication,obstacles and risks
- Design and implement sustainable and efficient processes and/or process changes, including working directly with internal process owners to develop scope, schedule and resource plans for process improvement projects
- Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of the Operational Excellence body of knowledge
- Standardize work through creation and refinement of operating procedures
- Collect, analyze, and distribute data to support operations projects or monitor key processes
- Use DMAIC approach, Lean methodologies and/or operational tools as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2+ years of project management, business operations, and/or consulting experience working collaboratively with key stakeholders at all levels
- Operationally minded person who seeks to create standardized processes
- Enjoys being hands-on, in the weeds at times
- Robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing to life highly complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Ability to think outside the box, optimize processes and lead change
- Ability to explore and interpret process workflows, data, and metadata to synthesize and execute strategies for process improvement
- Ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Ability to foster collaborative culture / management style and to build relationships across the organization
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret operations data
- Flexible, start-up mindset. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL