Operations Associate / Manager, Life Sciences Partnerships
Flatiron’s Life Sciences Partnerships (LSP) team is looking for an Operations Associate / Manager who will support the LSP team by driving key internal projects and process improvement, in partnership with LSP managers. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, skilled at balancing multiple projects at once and excited to support the LSP team in doing critical and important work to accelerate our RWE business.
The LSP Operations Associate / Manager will collaborate with the team’s functional lead and the LSP management team to increase team bandwidth to allow focus on core customer and internal activities, and help prioritize LSP involvement across the company and externally.
This role will include a wide variety of responsibilities, from developing and implementing new processes, to more effectively managing team capacity, and facilitating on-boarding and training for the growing LSP organization.
Development of resources and tools to optimize team effectiveness -- examples include: owning and managing a complete and well-organized on-boarding process for all new LSP hires, implementing a formal team knowledge-sharing and knowledge-management approach, organization of team meetings and off-site activities, and facilitating prioritization and execution of LSP cross-functional initiatives, together with LSP management.
Implementation of operational processes that facilitate prioritization and strategic decision making for LSP initiatives -- examples include: developing processes to track, prioritize, organize, and share work, and maintaining the LSP workstream/initiative tracker and partnering with LSP managers in assignment of LSP members to new projects/workstreams.
Internal coordination with cross-functional teams supporting life sciences clients -- examples include: building relationships with cross-functional operations managers (e.g., Research Oncology, Quantitative Sciences), identifying best practices to address potential opportunities and challenges to support the management of LSP team, and serving as an “on-the-ground” resource for individuals internal and external to LSP.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an internal operations or project-management function
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Willingness to work on a wide range of projects and requests
- Extremely detail-oriented, while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Skilled at gracefully managing up, down, and across
- Previous experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing projects from concept to execution, with the ability to incorporate learnings from previous projects to ensure continuous improvement
- Intellectually curious, with outstanding problem-solving skills
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Experience in healthcare, oncology, other scientific experience
- Experience working with partners in the biopharma industry