Operations Associate, Membership Management
At Cityblock Health, our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, block by block. We integrate services to address physical, behavioral, and social needs together, delivered at community hubs and through field-based care teams to make healthcare more accessible, supportive and goal-driven for the people who need it most.
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through mobile interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and a well-respected commercial partner in New York, and backed by the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships.
As a member of the Operations Team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the logic, tools, and workflows to deliver an accurate roster of Cityblock-attributed members. This work is foundational to our business and clinical operations, providing a reliable accounting of attributed members, allowing for efficient allocation of clinical resources and a stable platform for ongoing financial reconciliation. In this role you will manage new member enrollment, analyze and report on changes in member eligibility, and standardize processes for disenrolling and re-enrolling members in the Cityblock care model. This work requires collaboration with the actuarial, data, and market operations teams to insure that our member population is current and accurately reflected in Cityblock’s systems.
Examples of Projects Include:
- Define and document business requirements: In collaboration with key stakeholders, build upon existing business and operational requirements to support membership management across expanding markets
- Manage new cohort roll-outs on a regular cadence with payer partners; coordinating with functional owners across domains including data, marketing, market operations, and care team leads to meet go-live timetables
- Perform monthly reconciliation of membership data with payer partners to support accurate invoicing of Cityblock’s care management fee for active members. This requires analysis of member eligibility data in Looker, Cityblock’s reporting and dashboarding tool
- Implement disenrollment cycles for members no longer eligible with Cityblock, and work alongside market operations to disseminate information about members pending disenrollment to care teams
- Collaborate with payer partners on members to be retained in Cityblock’s care model despite meeting one or more criteria for disenrollment. This includes participation in monthly reconciliation meetings with actuarial stakeholders
- Participate in product build initiatives to support automation of membership management workflows and analysis including automation of monthly reconciliation, churn analysis, as well as disenrollment and re-enrollment workflows
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in analytical and operational roles. Experience with data analysis tools such as Excel and SQL. You thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong operations intuition and judgment, and an ability to work well across a variety of teams to solve complex problems; Experience with insurance eligibility processes and data is a plus.
- Deeply action oriented: You are excellent at project management, execution, and loop closure
- Structured “systems” thinker. When engaging with any problem, you think not only about the immediate solution but also ways to help Cityblock efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.
- You are passionate about Cityblock’s mission, just like the rest of us, and are excited to be an integral member of the team