Partner Director, Payments / POS at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Partner Manager, Payments / POS to join us as we change the way we pay and make wallets a thing of the past. From seamless check-in to eliminating checkout, you’ll be the driving force behind our efforts to transform payments, specifically focusing on the biometric solutions we build with leading POS providers. You’ll help lead our business and product strategy, develop new use cases, pilot new solutions, build strategic partnerships and bring first-to-market experiences to airports, stadiums, retail and more.
A key member of the team reporting directly to the GM, Payments, we’re looking for a passionate payments guru who’s scrappy and excited to build this business from the ground up.
What You Will Do:
- Help lead the strategy, launch and expansion of CLEAR’s biometric payment solutions into new in-person use cases across verticals, from sports to travel to healthcare
- Identify and build relationships with the industry-leading POS providers and adjacent payments partners to set CLEAR up for growth and scale
- Manage ongoing partner relationships and integrations with CLEAR’s payments partners with a focus on POS integrations
- Partner with internal stakeholders across product, marketing, and legal (and more) to constantly enhance and reimagine our payments capabilities and go-to-market campaigns as we scale
- Lead the creation of first-of-a-kind, frictionless experiences like this by launching in-person payment pilots across a range of verticals and use cases
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years professional experience in the payments industry working as an account or partner manager; POS experience a strong plus
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who’s excited to experience a start-up in hyper-growth
- Crave impact and have a track record of success at operationalizing new businesses and experiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance strategy with execution
- Sense of humility and a desire to roll up your sleeves
- Maintain a member-focused approach in everything you do
- Willingness to travel as required (likely up to 50% of the time)