Partner Operations and Program Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about solving complex cloud infrastructure challenges for our customers and business partnerships.
If you are energetic, motivated, organized, and passionate about impacting a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.About The Role:
The ideal candidate has direct, hands-on experience driving efficiency and effectiveness in the operationalization of channel programs. You will be responsible for developing and implementing scalable processes to enable the channel program to operate at scale, both in day-to-day operations and in support of continued growth domestically and internationally. This role reports to the Head of Partnerships within the Go-To-Market Team, based in North America.
You will partner with key stakeholders in operations, IT, marketing, finance, corporate development, and product to drive results and ensure we operate a first-in-class channel program for both our internal and external stakeholders.What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop, coordinate, support, and improve our channel partner processes.
- Manage the channel program’s affiliate rebates in coordination with our channel partner managers and other cross-functional teammates.
- Troubleshoot assignment workflow bottlenecks and resolve day-to-day challenges to support the frontline channel partner managers.
- Implement and manage the regular forecasting and reporting of partner activity, with a particular focus on pipeline forecast, sales productivity, and relationship status.
- Coordinate with Marketing on partner campaigns and joint marketing activities.
- Document policies and processes to support all aspects of the program and enable global execution.
Tools and technology
- Own the implementation and continued development of Partner Tools (Partner Page, Directory, Partner focused content, enablement tools) to support and accelerate our go-to-market efforts across the entire partner lifecycle (i.e., recruiting, onboarding, sell to/with/through motion, and retention).
- Identify, scope, and implement new tools and technologies to support the channel program, working closely with our internal systems teams. Serve as liaison between operations, IT, and business development managers to test and monitor these new tools.
Program manage new programs initiatives
- Coordinate with the internal cross-functional team, including FP&A and marketing, to launch new promos, discounts, and other channel programs initiatives.
- Drive channel operational activities for new and existing product offerings.
- Help drive channel expansion into new countries.
- Collect and manage feedback from regional partnerships managers into the ongoing roadmap for the Channel Program.
- Enable Product mix introduction - training, tracking adoption and growth.
- 5 to 7 years experience in Channel Operations.
- 5+ years experience working with Salesforce (or other CRM applications).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working on forecasting/pipeline reporting tools
- Experience working on sales enablement/partner tools (preferably Salesforce).
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards within Salesforce and other internal tools to help drive Channel operational efficiency.
- Must be proficient in Google suite.
- Previous experience working with cross-functional teams in Professional Services, Inside Sales, Marketing, IT, and Sales Support.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and quick learner with a problem-solving mindset.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!