People & DEI Team Project Coordinator/Admin at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You take pride in your concise and professional communications. You can often figure out what needs to be done and how to do it, before anyone asks. You like to improve processes and you are highly organized about projects. You like lists, plans, and organizing. You can hold your own with senior people inside and outside of a company.You have a friendly and approachable demeanor, and you enjoy working with employees across all departments.
As the PM and Admin, you will be an integral support for our senior People leadership team. You will provide broad-based administrative support to the SVP of People with a major emphasis on scheduling, project management, and execution. You will assist in coordinating projects that are collaborations between the People and DEI teams. You will interact with other high-level people and companies outside of Justworks. We work hard and have high standards, and will expect the same of you.Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Manage schedules for the SVP of People, arrange and prioritize appointments and contact requests, resolve calendar conflicts, and negotiate rescheduling as necessary, both for internal and external coordination
- Support strategic People Team projects as needed, managing timelines and key deliverables by setting and reminding of deadlines, seeking process improvements, and helping to problem solve. Strategic projects needing support may include training and development events, DEI related projects, large communication efforts.
- Leverage your working knowledge of our HR tech stack (Greenhouse, Culture Amp, Wisetail LMS, GSuite, Payscale) in order to support projects and initiatives
- Handle sensitive matters that require the utmost confidentiality
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Project Manager and Admin to the SVP of People, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Organizational skills - using all relevant analytic and communication tools to keep projects on track, such as google sheets, google forms, slack, and email.
- Balances stakeholders - understands internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs and acts fairly despite conflicting demands of stakeholders.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Prior experience providing administrative support for a business unit or corporate functional leader within a growth stage environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and verbal communications best suited for executive-level groups in a remote and in-person environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong situational awareness - you are able to distill what is truly important
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong command of productivity tools including GSuite, Slack and other tech solutions
- Willingness to do any task, no matter how small while also having the ability to stretch into new challenges
- Proactive and self-directed while avoiding working in a silo
- Agile, growth mindset with an ability to pivot in a fast-changing environment
- Able to maintain a calm, clear and confident approach to work while supporting others working through change
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment