Physician Implementation Lead at Cityblock Health
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As Physician Lead, Implementation, you’ll partner with clinical strategy to support the launch of new markets. This is a highly cross-functional role, serving as the senior clinical leader partnering with growth, implementation, care product build and market operations teams along the commercial partnership lifecycle, from the mid-business development and contract negotiation stage through hand off to the market operating team. This role will support care model development for new partnerships, and new market launch, remaining engaged and accountable until the market is sufficiently self-sustaining and able to effectively deliver on Cityblock’s model of care.
- Become an expert and evangelist of Cityblock’s model of care, and its application across lines of business, sub-populations and geographies
- Own core care model implementation in new markets, including but not limited to:
- Recruiting, interviewing and onboarding market operations and care team members
- Partnering with the Care Strategy Team in designing care model features and pathways specific to new markets
- Collaborate with Growth team to develop new partnerships (e.g., with additional Medicaid PHPs, exploration of Direct Primary Care or lower-income ASO populations)
- Support Care Delivery Services Team to design new diagnosis capture or quality portions of the model -- and position market teams to successfully operationalize these in new markets
- Develop selected learning and development resources and providing coaching to care team members on new workflows and clinical processes
- Prive on-the-ground support to care team leaders, including standing in for periods of time while leaders are being recruited, ensuring that core elements of the model are operationalized to a high standard
- Serving as the clinical leader interfacing with health plan partners and their medical management teams
- Partner with market operations on clinical outcomes, understanding lines of business (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, ASO, etc) and their impact on optimal utilization improvements and guide quality/utilization conversations in the contract process
- Lead clinical and care management collaboration conversations with health plan partners and their care delivery / care management vendors, including directing the focus of customized workflows to ensure optimal execution of Cityblock’s model of care
- Identify & prioritize external clinical partnership opportunities within markets that enhance Cityblock’s impact, including but not limited to:
- Respite, detox, other BH
- Primary Care
- Primary care wrap
- Specialists, especially those related to preventive care and high areas of spend
- Participate in speaking engagements to propel Cityblock’s presence and growth in new markets
You’d be a good fit if:
- Your have a clinical licence: MD/DO (primary care, geriatrics preferred), with an active license in at least one of Cityblock’s existing regional markets
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in managed care or value-based care operations, driving population-based outcomes in Medicare, Medicaid or Dually-eligible populations
- Demonstrated experience building and implementing value-based clinical programs
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity
- Charismatic with excellent presentation skills and the ability to own external relationships with key executive stakeholders under minimal supervision
- Experience in rigorous quantitative and qualitative market diligence and analysis
- Willing to travel as needed (from 0% to 100% on week-by-week variable basis) to perform essential duties
Nice to have:
- Experience in payer/provider contracting, partnerships, business development, particularly in risk-based healthcare, and similar roles as a strategy consultant
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.