Pooling and Delivery Manager (JR101174) at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is growing and we’re looking for a Pooling & Delivery Manager to join our Post Closing team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
The Pooling & Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing a team that manages all MBS pooling activities including deliveries, remediation, cancellation and re-submission of pools as needed. The Pooling & Delivery Manager will have holistic knowledge of all MBS pooling activities and be able to assist peers and senior management in standing up new processes and teams as business needs arise.What you’ll do as a Pooling & Delivery Manager:
- Oversees team that delivers GSE pools per best-execution.
- Ensures team members thoroughness and attention to detail given complexities of best-ex.
- Ability to manage the team to tight timelines with frequent updates
- Ability to pivot team and redirect as business needs evolve
- SME in sale and delivery processes with thorough understanding of the mechanics of whole loan sales, GSE pooling and co-issue transactions.
- Escalation point for loans not sold. Ensure all remediation activities are completed in line with commitment dates.
- Experience working with Cap Markets, Risk and Servicing with knowledge of GSE pool creation criteria
- Extensive knowledge and experience with GSE securitization processes, remediation and pair-off activities
- Provides guidance to assigned employees regarding daily performance and needs of the team
- Assists with identifying areas of improvement and establishing a path to meet deficiencies.
- Provides a monthly update on the employees' performance in regards to production, quality, exceptions, attendance, etc.
- Communicates all directives to the team in regards to updates and/or changes
- Communicates with Sr Manager to ensure aged pools are addressed properly and timely
- Oversee work-flow and manages distribution of production volume based on team capacity
- Experience building out new processes and stand up new teams, as business needs arise
- 3-5 years of mortgage experience, in GSE Pooling and Securitization
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior leadership and external partners.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Post Closing is a dynamic, multi-functional team that plays an essential role in the Mortgage process. As part of our back-office support, we perform several key functions to facilitate the purchase of loan files, after closing, to our Investor partners on the Secondary market.
We strive to ensure all loan documentation is complete and in compliance with State, Federal and Agency guidelines.We are a growing team, committed to:
- Supporting Better in meeting corporate and departmental goals
- Producing a high level of service to our customers both internally and externally
- Encouraging growth and development within our teams
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.