Principal Technical Program Manager, Android Systems at Peloton
Principal Technical Program Manager, Android and Systems
Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and experience managing complex global product development programs and integrated systems? Do you strive to understand the technical details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program? Do you want to lead a small team dedicated to launching cool new product features across multiple groups and platforms? Peloton is seeking a Principal Program Manager to drive innovation in the software product development space.
This role will work closely with Product management, a small team of Technical Program Managers, and a broad cross functional team to define and execute against our product development roadmap. Successful candidates will have 10+ years of experience managing highly complex Android / AOSP / Embedded programs.
You will be responsible for planning out these programs from the onset, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, driving the team to results, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders. You will also mentor and coach other Technical program managers to do the same.
- Ability to develop a deep knowledge of all our embedded systems and external systems
- Manage multiple full lifecycle Software and Software for Hardware programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward.
- Translate business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
- Conduct architectural reviews of proposed solutions, Recommending alternative technical approaches where appropriate
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams. Particularly when developing program plans and in resolving technical issues.
- Conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets. Use data and articulate rationale to influence others on difficult business trade-offs
- Manage and ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, and third party development partners
- Engineering degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management
- 10+ years of experience managing operating system and software application development projects (Android preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in consumer
- management experience preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com