We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
We're looking for an experienced Principal Technical Program Manager to join us to guide cross-functional ecommerce & corporate teams. This is not an administrative role. We are looking for candidates with a strong software engineering background. You should be able to contribute at both the high level architectural decisions and the detail implementation details. This highly-visible role will also use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work with internal teams to develop and refine the software development process, contributing cross-functional technical and product expertise, anticipating and removing impediments, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs with technical constraints.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely manner to program stakeholders.
- Ability to distill complex issues and feedback into meaningful directive communications.
- Mine data analytically and extract impactful operational insight.
- Help define the long term vision & strategy for the ecommerce & corporate initiative.
- Tech savvy, and thrives on using technology to solve problems.
- Ability to build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics around performance.
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive tasks and issues to completion.
- Proven track record to effectively and efficiently deliver large, complex projects.
- Coordinate and track individual projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and product/services roadmap to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs, and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs, and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Create, maintain and disseminate program & initiative issues and risks to stakeholders
- Proven track record of creating enterprise-level software - delivering large-scale, highly available systems and quality software products or components.
What You Bring to the Table
- Excellent stakeholder management, 9-12 years in the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and a passion for technology while continually pushing yourself to learn new things. Enthusiastic: You'll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you'll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You'll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company's strategy while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You'll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
- Strong software engineering background. Understanding issues such as applicability of specific design patterns and architecting for massive scale
- Strong blend of technical, business acumen that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution & great customer reach.
- Should be able to come up with scenarios & business requirements by analyzing data & business needs.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]