Procurement Manager at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The procurement manager will own the overall Fulfillment Center inbound process to ensure our fulfillment centers are properly stocked with the product needed to deliver the ideal customer box experience. This includes developing our supplier management strategy, own key vendor relationships, develop and manage inbound supply chain networks, and build the tools to scale both volume and increasing product complexity.How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop and implement new tools for managing inventory levels and procurement processes.
- Manage and develop vendor relation and management strategies
- Manage optimal inventory levels and develop inbound supply chain plans / order management approaches
- Source new vendors to support ongoing business objectives (e.g. new products, redundancy planning, cost optimization)
- Manage procurement associate(s)
- Conduct Spend analysis and identify areas of supplier risk and mitigation plans
- Min 3-5 years in progressive perishable procurement/ category management.
- Experience with inbound logistics including warehousing and transportation as well as inventory management.
- Experience in negotiation, sourcing, and implement new planning tools (inventory specific preferred)
- NetSuite experience (or other ERP), Vendor / category mgmt, inbound logistics, lead a team of associates
- Advance in using Excel
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug