Product Design Ops, Program Manager at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Product Design Ops Program Manager to help optimize the efficiency and output of our Product Design team processes and resources. This role will report to the Director of Product Design Ops.
This role sits on the Engagement Software Product Design team. This team is responsible for the design of our member-facing software experiences – including but not limited to the software on the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital.
This role works collaboratively with Product Managers, UI Designers, UX Designers, User Researchers, Product Analysts, Engineers, and TPMs to understand, plan, track, and deliver user facing products and experiences.
The Product Design Program Manager has an understanding of the goings-on for all the in-flight and upcoming Product Design projects in their purview – and is able to provide valuable information back to the team, optimize the path towards completing projects, and call out any issues or risks to efficient and effective project completion.
Note - This role is not a Product strategy, UI or UX design role. It is a role on the team that explicitly focuses on process optimization and project tracking.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work in a flexible, adaptable, and empathetic way, understanding that each team and individual contributor will have unique work styles, and each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- Assist in scoping and determining milestones and schedules for Product Design and User Research projects. Intake changes to project plans and priorities, and help manage downstream impacts to other project timelines and resource capacity.
- Take the lead on ensuring projects move forward seamlessly and efficiently by coordinating (and often attending) Product Design and User Research reviews and check-ins.
- Identify and remove blockers to enable Product Designers and User Researchers to work productively toward project goals.
- Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch and beyond) with a mindfulness toward dependencies, and facilitate effective communication within and across teams.
- Maintain documentation and dashboards that allow for quick and efficient understanding of resource capacity and project status.
- Facilitate design sprint planning and standups, and understand the status of active projects across the Product Design and User Research team. Report on project status regularly to your manager, and broadly across the Product organization.
- Attend weekly syncs organized by TPMs to share design project statuses and stay informed about engineering timelines.
- Work with designers to understand design debt priorities and design initiatives and assist with scheduling this work into sprint plans.
- Coordinate effective collaboration protocols between Product Design and the Marketing Creative team.
- Facilitate retrospectives for the Product Design team to build teamwork, identify pain points, and support the ongoing improvement of team processes.
- Has 3 - 4+ years working in Design Ops or Design Program Management in an agile software development environment, or similar experience.
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of Product Design and User Research processes and deliverables.
- Understands the agile development process and has experience working with technical project managers.
- Bonus: experience working alongside hardware design teams.
- Bonus: experience working on localization projects.
- Passionate about product design – a strong advocate for designers as well as the users they design for.
- Knows what it takes to get products and features shipped.
- Flexible to the unique work styles and strengths/weaknesses of each team and team member.
- Motivated to continuously seek opportunities to create efficiencies and improve team performance.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new project management tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills; thrives when working with complexity.
- Organized and detail-oriented: able to track multiple moving workstreams.
- Cool, calm, and collected under pressure.
- Able to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders in an open, direct, and clear way.
- Builds strong relationships throughout the company and earns the trust of team members.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed. Able to adapt in a new space.
- Strong listener: able to deeply understand the team’s needs, ask the right questions to keep a project moving in the right direction, and proactively pursue feedback.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies.