Product Development Program Manager at Harry's
The Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of product development from ideation through production. The team leads the company’s largest product initiatives through the creation, development, and testing of innovative, high-quality goods that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
R&D is looking for a Product Development Program Manager to join our team to help create and deliver innovative and performance driven grooming products. As a Product Development Program Manager you’ll lead cross-functional work streams and teams at all levels through thoughtful planning, execution, and support from concept through product launch.
The Product Development Program Manager is a team player who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment and has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple work streams often with competing priorities. Product Development Program Managers should have a desire and aptitude to dive deep into the details of the development process and lead teams in bringing amazing products to life.
What you will do:
- Drive R&D Programs - In partnership with commercial and operations counterparts, lead cross-functional teams through global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products in line with commercial vision
- Work directly with product development, marketing, sourcing, operations, quality, finance, design and sales teams to manage development planning and execution against the company’s largest product initiatives spanning from commercial to technical
- Define development path with input from cross-functional partners, track deliverables, manage development timelines and risk mitigation and facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a program
- Work with domestic/international suppliers and manufacturers throughout development
- Lead project level product development strategy; communicating updates to senior management and the broader Harry’s organization
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support new launches
This may describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years in an analytical, dynamic, or process driven role such as project management, consulting, product development, package development or supply chain. CPG experience would be a plus.
- Self-starter who exercises good judgment and discretion with limited oversight.
- Has a keen business understanding to be able to efficiently and effectively lead highly cross-functional teams spanning from commercial to technical.
- Communicates well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors. Able to create cross-functional consensus with a senior, global team.
- Able to effectively and concisely present to senior leadership.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
- Has a “no task too small” mentality with an eagerness to learn and address any issue that may arise.
- Resilient and able to meaningfully pivot with the shifting needs of the business
- Able to engage as a thought partner for development teams on new products or processes
- A positive outlook and sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Working on R&D Program Management team, which is part of the Global R&D team
- Working closely with Product Development, Package Development, Marketing, Sourcing, Quality, Finance, Sales and Design teams as well as external supplier/vendor partners
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.