Product Manager / Senior Product Manager - Enterprise
Global advertising is undergoing a rapid and monumental transition to the modern age. Hundreds of billions of dollars are moving away from handshakes and backroom deals and onto open, transparent exchanges. As a leader in this transition, The Trade Desk is bringing a level of sophistication to advertising that has only been seen in financial markets.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for driven Junior or Senior Product Managers, who have the ability to learn, convince, prototype, build, measure, and refine the next generation of online advertising tools in a lean/agile development environment. The ideal candidate will be technical, driven, think creatively, and has great collaboration and communication skills.
As the voice of our customers worldwide, you’ll deeply understand how to make users’ lives better through software. You will accomplish this by teaming up with designers, developers, and testers to create delightful, engaging experiences and highly scalable, real-time transactional systems. You will gather customer requirements, design prototypes to represent customers’ needs then work with the rest of the engineering team to build those products and iterate on them over time.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Passion -- your work matters. Your features matter. You take ownership and give your all
- Grit -- sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You try many different approaches to get to
- Strong interest in what computing can do -- a passion for technology and how to apply that to problems of massive scale
- Excellent communication skills -- you know how to present ideas and convince others
- Strong views on what is right, but very open to new ideas -- the best PMs are not necessarily those with the best ideas, but those that ensure the best ideas get done
- Selfless -- Product Management is about making sure the best work gets done by the team, not that your ideas get done
- Empathy -- As a PM you are the voice of the customer and need to represent them from a position of deep understanding
- Entrepreneur -- as a PM you need to get out there and convince others of your ideas
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Background in software development throughout the product lifecycle
- Demonstrable creative thinking
- Strong background in Enterprise product management within a company working at scale
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Experience in driving partnership/collaboration that result in win-win solutions
- Experience with RESTful API's
- Professional coding experience a big plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.