Product Operations Manager, Home & Auto
About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact.
As the Product Operations Manager, you’ll work cross-functionally to lead internal product development and launch efforts. You’ll sit at the convergence of product, operations, technical systems, and data to figure out how we can continuously make getting home and auto insurance more efficient, both for our customers as well as our internal teams.
As an early product operations hire, you’ll be an integral part helping our home and auto insurance business grow through rolling out new features and developing new processes and playbooks.
In this role, you will…
- Plan, coordinate, and drive product rollout process - from beta testing to launch - to ensure user adoption and efficient processes
- Develop new processes and tools for launching internal products at Policygenius
- Partner closely with our Operations team to collect, quantify, and communicate product-related challenges to be considered by product and engineering in future development
- Clearly communicate product and related process updates to our Operations team
- Work with product and operations teams to triage and prioritize the most important features to address
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years experience in product operations, product management, or an operational role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
- You have excellent people and project management skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- You have a track record of proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects and programs
- You are passionate about delivering an amazing user experience and can develop a deep understanding of a complex product and its use cases
- You have a strong analytical orientation; a focus on data driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- You have a demonstrated results-orientation, with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!