Program Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Peloton’s Program Director, Environmental Health & Safety, will serve as the strategic planner and technical resource for all people safety and environmental compliance areas across Peloton’s offices, retail stores, and warehouses. In this role you will work collaboratively with key leaders and employees to create programs that enforce a strong presence of safety to enable the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses with activities including: implementing occupational safety and health standards; providing meaningful safety and health training that leads to strong knowledge transfer; and working with operation partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
By leveraging lean principles and Kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our employees. A successful Director of EH&S will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence across teams and will inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
In this role you will work collaboratively with employees to create a strong presence of safety to enable the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses with activities including: implementing occupational safety and health standards; providing meaningful safety and health training that leads to strong knowledge transfer; and working with operation partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
- As a member of the leadership team, your commitment to our strong presence of safety through your leadership is key.
- Lead and work collaboratively on the development, review, and revision of safety and environmental training programs.
- Prioritize safety and environment initiatives and identify the major hazards and risks across the building, ensuring actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks which includes leading, coordinating, and participating in EHS performance improvement initiatives
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional/federal regulations
- Ensure leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of required state/regional/ federal regulations
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Peloton Safety Policies. Where gaps remain the EHS manager will be responsible for developing Safety policies and processes partnering with key business leaders
- Track, report, and analyze EHS performance and implementation
- Conduct incident investigations as needed. Perform frequent safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
- Ensure accurate and timely EHS recordkeeping, document management and effective case management (as well as preparing, maintaining, and submitting records and reports required by the company and/or regulatory agencies)
- Identify and anticipate safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational and occupational conditions. Investigate and review safety violations, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses and accidents with supervisors and fulfillment center management
- Review incident trends weekly/monthly to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest
- Supervise the safety program
- Rollout key safety processes which include but are not limited to Emergency Preparedness, Evacuation plans, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment and Accident reporting guidelines. Seek input on program improvement opportunities
- Experience selecting and managing a team of safety managers and safety professionals
- This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their team. This individual must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to the safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of a Peloton safety professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
- Minimum 7+ years experience in risk management
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with a mix of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives and senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Familiarity creating evacuation and emergency action plans
- Certified Safety Professional Preferred
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.