Program Manager, Compliance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Program Management Office (PMO)
At Gemini, Program Managers (PgMs) leverage a process-driven approach to actualize Leadership’s business objectives, applying their resourcefulness and ability to tackle complex projects to the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset industry. As experts in cross-functional collaboration, they set up our cross-functional teams for success by building scalable programs that support Gemini’s technical vision.
The Role: Program Manager, Compliance
At Gemini, PgMs are critical to the successful development, launch, and maintenance of products and capabilities. Our PgMs also play a crucial role in designing and managing scalable internal processes to support our rapid growth and expansion of market offerings.
A Gemini PgM is an expert at cross-functional collaboration and leading complex programs. In this role, you'll use your full tool kit of portfolio, project, and process management skills to support your partners across the organization. You'll also have the opportunity to flex between the tactical and the strategic, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
- Serve as partner to Compliance leadership in portfolio prioritization and roadmapping
- Implement key compliance cross-functional programs and integrations, to support compliance initiatives designed to build out and enhance Gemini’s Compliance program to ensure scalability of processes.
- Work closely with Compliance stakeholders, product managers and engineers to execute a Compliance strategy that ensures effective alignment with Gemini’s product roadmap.
- Develop detailed project plans to manage team tasks and track progress for individual initiatives
- Lead the implementation of the Compliance components of large cross-functional projects
- Work with Compliance stakeholders to automate manual processes and use data-driven approaches to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Establish regular reporting for senior management on the status, risk, and progress of programs and key initiatives
- Lead sprint planning and grooming as needed
- Identify and communicate cross-department business impacts of project progress, decisions, and risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in project management, with 3+ years of program management
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to build strong working relationships, especially with engineering and product management teams
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving both business & technical domains
- Ability to coach others and be coached
- Flexible thinker, able to learn new approaches and apply them in unanticipated ways
- Advanced experience with Project Management software and moderate to advanced spreadsheet/excel skills
- Financial services or fintech industry experience and an understanding of related products, services, features, and key regulations
- Understanding of financial regulatory compliance processes
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, and or cryptocurrency
- JIRA/Confluence expertise and familiarity with Smartsheets or Asana
- Experience working with Product teams consisting of UX, Design, Frontend, back-end, mobile, and infrastructure
- Experience working with Security, Data Science, Legal, Risk, and other general business function
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.